ENTRY RESTRICTIONS TO SWEDEN
The Swedish government has implemented extensive restrictions on entry to Sweden due to the Corona / COVID-19 virus. These restrictions mean that you must expect to be rejected at Swedish borders even with a valid visa.
The only exceptions are foreign travelers who have a valid visa AND a worthy purpose to enter.
Worthy purposes include:
Alien whose purpose is to return home if he or she is:
1. EEA national or national of Switzerland or member of the family of said citizen;
2. You have a residence in Sweden or another EU state.
3. You have a residence permit in Sweden or another EEA state or Switzerland, or
4. You have a national visa in Sweden.Foreigner who has particularly urgent needs or who must perform the necessary functions in Sweden, for example
1. Health care personnel,
2. Border workers,
3. Personnel transporting goods and other personnel in the transport sector to the extent necessary;
4. People covered by the 2 kap. 10 § utlänningslagen (2005: 716),
5. People who work in international organizations, military personnel and first responders,
6. Passengers in transit,
7. People with urgent family reasons and
8. People who need international protection or who have other humanitarian reasons
ENTRY RESTRICTIONS TO NORWAY
The Norwegian Government has implemented extensive restrictions on entry into Norway due to the spread of COVID-19. As a result, foreigners who do not hold a valid residence permit in Norway will be rejected at the border and refused entry into Norway. For the time being, visas for visitors to Norway will not be granted.
For more information on the entry restrictions to Norway, please visit:
Temporary closure of VFS’ Visa Application Centers for Norway
Due to the extensive restrictions on entry into Norway, it will no longer be possible to submit applications for Schengen visas to Norway at any of VFS’ visa application centers. The application centers will still be open for submissions of applications for residence permits to Norway.
For any enquiries, please contact VFS Call center.
ENTRY RESTRICTIONS TO DENMARK
The Danish Government has implemented extensive restrictions on entry to Denmark due to the Corona virus/COVID-19. These restrictions mean that you must expect to be rejected at the Danish borders even with a valid visa.
The only exceptions are foreign travelers who have a valid visa AND a worthy purpose for entering. Worthy purposes include travelers who are either parents or primary caretakers (e.g. foster parents) of minors residing in Denmark, visits to critically ill family members, persons who are in the process of a medical treatment in Denmark, persons who are attending a funeral in Denmark, and persons who will be part of a court case in Denmark.
Ordinary tourist visits, family visits and business travel are not considered worthy travel purposes. Case processing times may be extended. For more information please visit the website for information from the Danish authorities: https://politi.dk/coronavirus-i-danmark/in-english
Schedule an appointment to visit the visa application centre
Locate your nearest Visa Application Centre.
you want to apply for Visa to Denamark, Norway, Sweden, Finland or Iceland? Check what you need!...
Published on 02 February 2017Read More