Short Term Visa
If you wish to visit Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Iceland, Latvia, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland and/or Sweden for a short period of time, you must obtain a visa prior to entry if you come from a country with a visa requirement for entering Schengen.
See the list of countries whose citizens need a visa to enter Schengen, please visit Migration Board website
Click here to find out more information on how The Embassy of Sweden processes personal data that is submitted to The Embassy of Sweden for a visa application.
|Schengen visa type C||Single, double or multi-entry||1250|
|Schengen visa type C||Single, double or multi-entry
Children 6 – 12 years of age
|Citizens of countries, which are signatories to the Visa Facilitation Agreement with the EU, pay a reduced fee or are exempt from paying any fee. Information on what applies to respective countries can be obtained from embassies and consulates of the EU Member States in these eight countries. The signatory countries are:||Russia Armenia Albania Bosnia Macedonia Moldavia Montenegro Serbia Ukraine||545|
Totally exempt from the fee for a Schengen visas are:
- Children under the age of six
- Schoolchildren, students in higher education, postgraduate students and their accompanying teachers - on condition that the purpose of the trip is study or education
- Researchers - on condition that the purpose of the trip is scientific research
- Officials travelling on diplomatic passport
Representatives of non-profit organizations aged 25 years or less participating in seminars, conferences, sports, cultural and educational events organized by a non-profit organization.
Guidance for fee payment
|AMOUNT||MODE OF PAYMENT|
|Visa Fee||As per visa category above||Cash Deposit at VFS Branch Credit/ Debit card|
|VFS Service Fee||480 inclusive of VAT per application||Cash Deposit at Bank or
Credit/ Debit card at the Visa
Both the Visa and the VFS service fee must be paid into the same account as one amount. Please deposit the applicable fees in to the VFS bank account below.
VFS - Bank Account details:
Bank Name:Stanbic Bank Zambia Limited
Account Name: Afri Visa Services Limited
Account Number:ZMW: 9130002375358
Reference: Passport number
It is important that the following methods of payment will not be accepted: Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT), cash, Cheque payments and any methods not mentioned above are currently not accepted.
All fees are non-refundable.
Here you will find a list of the documents you need to apply for a Schengen visa.
For the full consolidated list of requirements, please see below.
- One passport size photograph in which you are looking straight ahead and which are not more than six months old
- Taken against a light background (white or off-white) so that features are distinguishable and contrast against the background.
- Stick the photograph on the visa application form and do not staple the photograph.
- Printed on normal photographic paper (camera print)
Processing time is 15 days.
The period may be extended up to 30 calendar days in individual cases and exceptionally up to a maximum of 60 calendar days.Please note that all applications are processed individually. The Embassy may invite you for an interview or request further documentation or information.
Information about consultation:
Nationals mentioned in the attached list are required to go through a mandatory prior consultation procedure during the assessment of the visa application. This is to check whether any Member State has any objection for issuing a uniform visa. The procedure takes approximately 7-9 days to finalize and up to 14 days if it’s a representation case. Zambian nationals are not included in the list.
Please see annex 16 to of the Visa Code
|Visa application form to Sweden form no 119031|
|Checklist for Mandatory Documents|
|Checklist for Supporting Documents|
|Invitation Form 241011|
To Download a Form:
- Click on the form link
- When the form opens, save the form on your computer.
- Press the right button on your mouse on the required link.
- Select Save Target As from the list
- Save the form on your computer.