- Now that you have applied for your visa to Sweden, Denmark, Iceland, Finland or Norway, and waiting for your application to be processed, the Sweden Embassy in Colombia can take up to 15 calendar days after the application has been considered admissible
During this time it is not possible to contact the embassy.
- In individual cases, where further scrutiny of the application is necessary, the deadline may be extended up to a maximum of 45 calendar days after the application has been considered admissible. During this time it is not possible to contact the embassy.
- The deadline for taking a decision on an application starts running only when the Sweden Embassy in Colombia has established that the admissibility criteria have been met and not when the application has been submitted by the applicant.
- Once VFS receives your passport back, we will contact you to collect the passport, or send it to you by courier if you have requested that option.
Visas for Greenland and the Faroe Islands:
- A normal Schengen visa is not valid for the Faroe Islands or Greenland. If you are travelling to these destinations you will need to have a Schengen visa issued by a Danish mission with the wording in the comments section on the visa: "Valid for Greenland" or "Valid for the Faroe Islands". Please apply in the normal manner through VFS, but indicate on the application form under main destination: Greenland or the Faroe Islands.
- Because visas to Greenland and Faroe Islands need a special consultation with Denmark, visa resolution times may take longer. Please plan your trip well in advance.
You can track your application here